For each question mark an " X " where you personally experience the item. Mark with a " O " where you feel it should be (where you would like it to be.)
1. What is the direction of information flow?
Down and up
Down, up and sideways
2. How accurate is upward communications?
Censored for the boss
3. How well do you feel your manager knows the problems you face?
4. How much trust and confidence do you feel is shown towards you?
5. How inspired are you by your manager?
Not at all
6. In difficult situations, does your manager back you?
7. How much are fear and threats used to motivate?
8. How much are reward and involvement used to motivate?
9. Do you feel involved in decisions that affect you and your work?
Not at all
10. Who clearly understands the goals of the company?
11. What are activity, production, and other measurement data used for?
Reward, some self-guidance
Self-guidance, and problem solving
12. Put a check mark next to those items you feel are the most significant, and are worth discussing in a group meeting.